Ellipse Data is looking for a Graduate/Junior Software Developer who may have recently graduated or an individual who has some commercial experience under their belt and is looking to build on their technical skills. This person should have technical knowledge in Python and relational databases. This role is remote with some travel to London required for team meetings.
- Knowledge of Python and experience with at least one web framework such as Flask, Django etc
- Experience using relational databases and SQL
- Experience of both consuming and producing APIs
- Experience with XML and JSON
- Strong written communication skills both technical and non-technical
- Good problem-solving skills
- Having the ability to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative
- Accurately record your time spent on projects and communicate your progress made on tasks
- Ability to manage different responsibilities and adapt to changing business needs
- Strong interest and knowledge in a variety of sports in particular rugby, cricket and tennis
- Computer Science or Similar IT Related/ Mathematical Degree
Nice to have:
- Experience working with sports data
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries e.g. SQLAlchemy
- Familiar with Linux server environments and working with the command line
- Experience of database design and best practices
- Familiarity with Git and standard code repository workflows and processes
- Familiarity developing API’s using best design principles and practices
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working times
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com with the subject “Graduate/Junior Python Developer”. If available, please also include 1 or 2 examples of work demonstrating the above skills (e.g. blog post or GitHub repo).
The deadline for applications is 8th January 2021.