Full Stack Developer (Football)
Ellipse want to ensure the full story behind every sporting moment can be told and anticipate data will continue to change how coaches, athletes and fans all talk about the game. We are seeking a full-stack developer to be part of a cross-functional team working on our football-related products and that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. As a full-stack developer, you should be comfortable with both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You’ll also be surrounded by experienced people from across the sports industry in a rapidly growing company. This role can be office based or remote but with some travel to London required for team meetings.
- Excellent knowledge and 3+ years of commercial experience working at a
master level using Python alongside one web framework such as Flask,
Django etc (preferably Flask)
of JS frameworks such as React, Angular or Vue and its core principles
- Experience with databases – MySQL, NoSQL, S3
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) – EC2, Lambda
- Experience with broker technology – RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, SNS, SQS and
- Knowledge about Linux server environments and working with the command
- Experience with Git and standard code repository workflows and processes
- Knowledge of scalability and performance challenges of server-side code. You
can design and develop horizontally scalable, resilient, and high-performance
- Develop and implement a strategy for process data compilation from various
platforms and aggregation of the data into a format suitable for searching
- Having the ability to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative
- Accurately record your time spent on projects and communicate your
progress made on tasks
- Ability to manage different responsibilities and adapt to changing business
- A pragmatic approach, willingness to overcome obstacles and figure things
out when information is limited
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical
- Strong interest and knowledge in a variety of sports
- Computer Science or Similar IT Related/ Mathematical Degree
Nice to have:
- Any other programming languages
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries e.g.
- Experience working with sports data
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced start-up environment where your initiative will make things happen.
- Comfortable learning new technologies with limited support.
- Driven to constantly learn, grow and improve.
- Preferably knowledge of football and some understanding of football performance data.
- Passionate about building things and helping the team operate at its best.
- Able to own projects and see them through to completion against deadlines.
- The opportunity to join a growing team early and help shape our future
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Option to work remotely or from our new offices at Edinburgh House, Kennington, London.
- Company pension scheme
- We have amazing people. If you love sports, data and technology we can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in a fascinating industry.
- We’re only just getting started and have all the right ingredients to disrupt the sports industry. Joining us now will take you on an exciting journey that you will play a key role in defining.
- We are challenging ourselves to become a high-performance company. That means we maintain an ambitious mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Full Stack Developer – Football”. Please also include any examples of work demonstrating the above skills (e.g. blog post or GitHub repo) and/or a cover note outlining your relevant experience.
We cannot promise to respond to all applicants due to the volume we receive.