CricViz, part of Ellipse Data, has established itself as the market leader in the collection, analysis and dissemination of data across all major global cricket competitions. CricViz draws on the world’s largest cricket database and a team of expert analysts and data scientists to support clients around the world across four key verticals:
- We work with major Pro Franchises such as Royal Challengers Bangalore, the Pretoria Capitals and the Desert Vipers, as well as international boards such as the ECB, Cricket Australia and the PCB
- We support broadcast and media partners in their coverage of cricket, including working with the ICC on major global tournaments, and Fox, Sky and the BBC on their TV broadcasts.
- We have an extensive data collection operation, working with a number of partners around the world
- We have a growing presence supporting the sportsbook and fantasy markets across cricket.
Currently, over half of CricViz’s revenues are derived from work focused outside of the UK; therefore, we have a strong global presence with a good network around the world. As we look towards the next stage of growth, we want to expand our global presence further, building a more substantial international client base and establishing an international delivery capability through a network of offices.
We are looking to hire a General Manager – Americas who can work with the CricViz senior management team in the UK to support our current contractual obligations in the West Indies and grow a successful CricViz office in the region. The role will require you to lead the rollout of our collection processes in the area and enhance our offering across our other core verticals.
- Working with the Chief of Staff and Head of Collection to fulfil CricViz’s collection responsibilities in the West Indies. This will include building out our collection capability in accordance with the agreed strategy and overall responsibility for the management of our relationship with Cricket West Indies
- Working closely with the CricViz MD, develop the budget for CricViz’s commercial and operational activities in the region including associated P&L responsibility for our delivery against the agreed plan
- Working closely with the Global Head of Pro Services, develop CricViz’s pro-offering across all levels of cricket across the region. This will include building and maintaining high-value relationships with Cricket West Indies, CPL and Major League Cricket Franchises and key regional teams across all aspects of talent identification and team development
- Working closely with the Global Head of Broadcast and Media, develop CricViz’s broadcast offer across the region’s broadcast ecosystem. This will include building and maintaining high-value relationships with key broadcast partners. You will be responsible for the sale of CricViz graphics, insights and statistical services across broadcasts of all major international and domestic tournaments
- Act as a strong internal client for the CricViz product strategy, providing clear guidance to the product team on the market need to inform product development and work with the sales team to inform, develop and execute the go-to-market strategy.
- An outstanding knowledge of the cricket ecosystem in the West Indies and North America, with an extensive network across all key CricViz verticals
- Several years of experience in the industry, including responsibility for recruiting and managing teams, setting financial targets and managing delivery against those targets. This experience will have been gained (at least in part) from working in the West Indies
Key Skills Required:
- Analytically minded and data-driven, with a strong ability to synthesise complex data sets to provide accessible insight
- Outstanding networking and communication skills to support business development and build strong internal relationships.
- Resilient self-starter, able to develop and execute strategies with limited back-office support and/or senior oversight.
- Strong people manager, able to lead local recruitment and build and maintain a strong team ethos across a new and diverse team
- The successful candidate must be based in Antigua or be qualified to work in Antigua and be willing to relocate there. An early task will be to set up a physical office for CricViz in Antigua
- Occasional travel outside of the West Indies is required, most likely to the USA
- Start Date – ASAP. The successful candidate must be able to start before the end of February 2023
- Highly competitive base salary intended to attract the best available candidate
- Scope to earn significant annual bonus, linked to delivery of annual revenues in line with agreed plan.
- Long term incentive plan linked to delivery of CricViz’s overall revenue plans through to 2025/26
- 15 days of annual leave
To apply, please send your CV and a Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject “CricViz Americas GM”
We cannot promise to respond to all applicants due to the volume we receive.