Ellipse Data are industry leaders in aggregating and manipulating sports data to create products and services that enrich the experience of sports fans and teams around the world. We currently operate in cricket, tennis, and rugby, with ambitious plans and financial backing to apply our philosophy and expertise to expand into other sports.
Our team of highly skilled developers, engineers, data scientists and editorial analysts work with and create products used by international boards, global broadcasters, media groups and some of the most recognisable sporting teams in the world.
With ambitious plans for growth, we are looking to recruit a globally focused Marketing Manager covering Marketing, Communications, PR, Events and Research servicing our multiple sporting verticals.
Role Scope & Purpose
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will lead a new, centralised Marketing function, supporting our CEO in raising the overall profile of the business and working with MDs across the business to deliver their specific growth strategies.
Working collaboratively with our MDs, the Marketing Manager will offer a broad range of support and expertise, taking on direct leadership responsibility including leading our digital strategy, supporting commercial proposals, delivering events as well as coordinating internal and external comms.
The role will principally focus on supporting a B2B marketing strategy aimed at attracting and retaining Ellipse’s core business customers across the professional, media and gaming sectors. However, Ellipse also need to build and maintain a strong reputation with sports fans as leaders in its field and the Marketing Manager may also therefore be asked to provide some B2C marketing support to help achieve this.
This is a unique opportunity to work with senior leaders in the Ellipse business, while shaping a new Marketing function key to raising the profile of all our Ellipse businesses and products. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the growth story of our rapidly expanding business.
The role will have several accountabilities to the Ellipse CEO, ensuring the effectiveness of Ellipse’s overall marketing strategy.
Working with the Ellipse CEO, lead the process of building the reputation of Ellipse and its sub brands as respected leaders in their respective sports.
- Champion our Brand Identity and build/ensure brand guidelines are consistently applied across the organisation – this would include ensuring consistent branding between individual sports entities while building and communicating a consistent story of how they came to be and how they all form part of the wider Ellipse group.
- Coordinate and deliver both internal and external events as required including promoting our involvement in relevant industry panels as well supporting on delivering on any related partnerships
- Coordinate our PR and thought leadership strategy across all spots to promote Ellipse and its verticals as market experts in the collection and application of sports data
Lead our digital strategy and take ownership for content across all Ellipse digital assets. This should include:
- Managing the process of refreshing the Ellipse website and the websites of all of our verticals and ensuring that the websites remain refreshed with our latest product offers and are updated with relevant content.
- Working with each of the individual businesses to develop and enhance their social media strategy which ensures a consistent message across all channels and successfully raises the profile and enhances the reputation of each of the businesses.
Lead the effective operation of Ellipse’s central communication function for internal and external comms:
- Working closely with CEO, the Marketing Manager will deliver wide range of written communications, such as writing press releases, company news, speeches, written statements, and briefings as well as proactive and reactive communications as necessary
- Working closely with HR team and CEO, drive and coordinate internal communications including shareholder comms
The role will also have a number of accountabilities in supporting the MDs of each of the Ellipse verticals in defining and delivering the specific marketing plans for each business.
- Serve as Marketing lead across all Ellipse verticals, working collaboratively with the MDs to develop marketing plans and then leading on the execution of those plans under the direction of the MDs
- Providing expert insight to the MDs in the development of an annual marketing plan and associated budget, and then working with the MDs in the execution of those plans
- Lead in compilation of analytical reports to assess the effectiveness of marketing activity, including social media data, website visitors and CRM data.
- Lead in the assessment of the effectiveness of our marketing and PR activity across all channels to assess effectiveness of current activity and inform the development of our future strategy.
- Play a coordinating role to tie up Marketing activities and best practices across the business
Provide marketing support to the specific sales strategies developed by the MDs of the different businesses and their local sales teams. This should include:
- Developing integrated Marcomm strategies to support new product launches and specific sales campaigns
- Supporting commercial teams during pitch processes to attract new customers and partners, taking the lead in ensuring that sales collateral is produced to a professional standard based on content provided by the local sales teams
- Producing creative assets and campaigns working with agencies where appropriate
- Degree in Marketing or Communications, or equivalent experience.
- Confident, particularly when presenting to senior stakeholders and external partners and comfortable forming new relationships internally and externally
- Broad experience of all aspects of marketing and PR, with particular experience in B2B marketing across digital channels and development of integrated marketing and PR strategies to support new product launch.
- Experience managing marketing agencies and maximising the return on investment from different marketing strategies
- Comfortable using various CRM platforms such as Microsoft Dynamics and Salesforce
- Experience using email marketing, alongside good copywriting skills, an autonomous approach to work and a determination to drive ROI and achieve results
- Media training and/or crisis communication experience would be an asset
- Ability to handle a number of different requirements and work effectively at both a central level and within different verticals to support the development of the business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for sport – cricket and tennis in particular
Equality and Diversity
Ellipse is committed to building an open and inclusive culture that supports personal development and learning. Ellipse believes in the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, training, development and promotion despite any differences based on individual grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
- Competitive salary commensurate to experience
- Full time position – open to consider hybrid/remote arrangements & flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
To apply, please send your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Marketing Manager Vacancy”.
We cannot promise to respond to all applicants due to the volume we receive.