CricViz has established itself as the market leader in the collection, analysis and dissemination of data across the worlds leading cricket competitions. We are now looking to develop a new suite of data driven products for the cricket market to support the next stage of our growth strategy. The business is looking to hire an ambitious product manager who can take over day to day responsibility for supporting CricViz’s existing product set and contribute to the development of our new products ensuring that we develop user-friendly products based on our customers’ needs and competitive market intelligence.
Working with the support of the Product Director and the Head of Customer Support, take over day to day ownership of CricViz’s core customer facing products. This should include:
- Running the process to identify and capture issues with the product range based on feedback from the Customer Support team, our editorial team and other relevant sources
- Where possible, providing front line support to address issues with products where they arise. This is likely to be concentrated on addressing issues related to the accuracy of new data being ingested within the system
- Where technical issues arise, develop a scope of work to address those issues and raising those issues with the engineering team in the appropriate way to ensure that they are resolved in a timely fashion
- Providing status updates on any issues which have been reported to relevant stakeholders in accordance with the overall strategy to be defined by the Product Director and Head of Customer Support
Manage the access process governing access to the use of CricViz products. This should include:
- Creating and managing a process to create new user accounts when requested by the sales team or other internal stakeholders
- Manage the onboarding process for new customers (internal or external) by ensuring that new customers are able to access the product, providing any initial training and front line assistance
- Undertaking periodic reviews of account activity to ensure compliance with user rules, terms and conditions
- Take the lead in the development of new products, where such products are likely to represent smaller additions to the overall CricViz product range
- Ensuring that new product requirements are fully captured, with a clear understanding of client needs, development requirements and timescales
- Manage the development of new products in accordance with the product development process defined by the Product Director and Senior Product Manager
- Provide regular updates on progress, risks and issues in accordance with the reporting process defined by the Product Director and Senior Product Manager
- Good understanding of best practice in product development and management, ideally gained in a business which collects and disseminates large amounts of data from different sources
- Good technical knowledge and skills. Experience working in a Linux shell, using MySQL and writing new script would be highly desirable
- Good written and verbal communication, with ability to interact with clients through verbal and written communication in an appropriate way which builds client confidence
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with key internal stakeholders and clients
- A positive attitude and ambition to continue to learn and develop new skills to support rapid career progression
- A passion for sport, and cricket in particular, would be highly advantageous, as would be experience in working with sports data.
- Competitive remuneration package to attract the right candidate
- Hybrid, flexible working model around core hours of between 10am and 4pm and an expectation to be in the office 2 – 3 days / week
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
To apply, please send your CV and a Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject “Product Manager Vacancy”.
We cannot promise to respond to all applicants due to the volume we receive.